Friday, June 01, 2007

Mutek 2007 Coverage - Dubstep

Just a fast post to say that Mutek is going on right now, and I've been checking out some of the goods. Last night's Dubstep night was heavy and impressive, featuring great sets by Sam Shackleton, Kode 9 & Spaceape, and Rhythm & Sound. I reviewed it on Midnight Poutine, so if you want to check it out, do so.

Standing around at the SAT last night I was reminded that a great thing about Mutek is the number of dudes who look like me - sporting a sort of a non-intentional Moby look (skinny white guy, short-shaved hair, glasses). Everywhere I looked, there was another near-doppelganger dancing the night away, and it occurred to me: I should round up a team of these guys for some bank heists. Nobody would be able to describe the robbers beyond generalities. If I fail to make my zillions as a freelance writer, watch out!

No comments: