Thursday, March 15, 2007

BNW Stories - Keep Them Coming

Okay, so I have started talking to people about Brave New Waves and its impact on their lives growing up. I am working on this idea that BNW acted like the internet to many of us, providing a music resource of depth and breadth before the internet was as widespread and ubiquitous as it is now.

A couple of conversations have happened and an email or two have come my way. However, I am still looking for more snapshots from former BNW listeners. And frankly, I think almost everyone has a story or two. Here's something Andrew Wedman said in a note:

"bnw was definitely important to me. not only did it expose me to all sorts of new music, but they were also one of tinkertoy’s biggest supporters. patti was playing the first cdr shit that we made. I always loved that she would play pretty much anything from anyone as long as she thought it was interesting."

And these are the sorts of reports that I am trying to track down. Drop me a note with a couple of lines about your favourite BNW stories, and maybe I'll try to cook up some sort of prize pack.

(Note: prize pack will not actually involve cooking)

No comments: